I’ve been absent from this blog for a while and there is a reason, it is a good one. Let me tell you more (not sure if you care though but it’s my blog and I can write whatever I want right? Dont feel offended, i do care if you read it).
So a lot has happened in the last couple of months, I moved to a new house with my dearly beloved cat Tarantino, my new place is super tiny but cute and I love it a lot, but i had an internet curse for the first month, i swear i was about to give up and resign myself to go back to the old days where you could live without internet, expect i couldn’t so i was spending entire afternoons in a Starbucks drinking tons of shitty coffee and downloading movies like a crazy, specifically House of Cards entire seasons. But finally one day i saw the light ! That green tilting light coming from a router in my own house.
Then, I started an associate degree course in Holistic Nutrition ! Yei ! So at the beginning i had a hard time organizing myself. My teachers are literally blowing my mind away, I’ll tell you more about this eye opening experience latter on, but by now my habits have changed completely, i get out of bed at 6:00 am voluntarily, i watch the sunrise, do yoga, meditate, take a sun bath and then i move on with my daily routine, meaning i feel soooo energized now and have tons of time to do everything, so yesterday i pulled up this delicious bread in the blink of an eye.
My other problem is the pictures: I can’t find the right place, surface and light yet to take my pictures in this new house, I guess it’s just a matter of time until i find a corner with the perfect light and texture, but in the meantime please don’t criticize my photos, don’t be shallow and go beyond surface, i swear this Choc Banana Bread will satisfy all your sweet and chocolate cravings, without the negatives for your body !
Therefore, this recipe comes to you from a new, renovated and more awake person, a kinder and more reflective, active, energized, conscious, spiritual and healthy mind, body and soul. I hope you can feel a little bit of that energy with this loaf of love.
GF – Vegan Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bread
makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp linseed or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (if you want to make your own click here for recipe)
- 1 flax egg (I’ll explain what this is in the prep. section)
- 3 tbsp cane syrup, you can also use maple syrup
- 1 banana, cut long trough
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cane syrup
1. Pre heat your oven to 250 C, grease a loaf baking tray or use a non stick one.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, including the seeds. Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tsp of chia seeds and 1 tsp of flax seeds with 2 tsp of water, leave it to rest while you prepare the rest.
3. In a larger bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add the coconut oil, the peanut butter, the syrup, water and the flax egg, mix with a wood spoon or spatula until you have a smooth puree, then add all the dry ingredients and mix very well.
4. Pour your preparation on your loaf tray and add the banana slices on top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife comes clean after inserting it on the center.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool, then remove from tray and cool completely in a rack.
6. For the peanut butter drizzle, heat together the peanut butter and cane syrup in a small pan on low heat until melted and liquid. Drizzle over your cold loaf.